Dang Thi Hoang Oanh
Full name: DANG THI HOANG OANH Gender: Female
Highest degree: Doctor of philosophy Year earned: 2008
Title: Assoc. Prof. Year earned: 2011
Position: Senior lecturer
Workplace: College of Aquaculture and Fisheries, Can Tho University, Vietnam
Mailing address: College of Aquaculture and Fisheries, Can Tho University, Can Tho City, Vietnam
- Development of procedures for disease prevention and treatment in cultured snake-head fish (2014 - 2015) (Project Leader, provincial level)
- Study on hemorrhage disease in mudskipper (Pseudapocryptes lanceolatus) in intensive culture ponds and propose solutions to prevention and treatment (2013-2014) (Project Leader, Ministeral level)
- Continue to clarify the role of Vibriophage to AHPND shrimp farming in the MD (2014) (Project Leader, Ministeral level)
- Study on the effects of chemical pollution to mass mortality in brackish shrimp culture in the Mekong Delta (2013-2014) (Project components leader, NAFOSTED)
- Improving management practices and food safety related to the use of chemicals for a sustainable freshwater aquaculture in the Mekong delta (DELTAQUASAFE) (2014-2015) (Project components leader, international level)
- Defining the role of Vibrio, phage and the influence of different environmental conditions to AHPND in shrimp farming in the MD (2013) (Project Leader, Ministeral level)
- Experimental studies related to the FAO TCP/VIE/3304 emergency assistance to control the spread of an unknown disease affecting shrimps (2013) (TCDC, FAO)
Selected publications from research projects
- Nguyen Hong Son, Tran Quoc Viet, Dang Hoang Oanh, Do Phuong Chi, Bui Lan Huong, Dinh Tien Dung and Nguyen Huy Manh. 2015. Acute toxic and hepatopancreas syndrome caused by Chlopyrifos ethyl to black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon) and white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) in Mekong River Delta of Vietnam. International Journal of Agricultural Technology. 11(5):1097-1108
- Matthew L. Rogge1, Lidiya Dubytska, Tae Sung Jung, Judy Wiles, Ahmad A. Elkamel, Amelia Rennhoff, Dang Thi Hoang Oanh, Ronald L. Thune. 2013. Comparison of Vietnamese and US isolates of Edwardsiella ictaluri. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms. 106: 17–29
- Dantas-Lima, J.J., M. Corteel, Dang T. H. Oanh, P. Bossier, P. Sorgeloos and H.J. Nauwynck (2012). Development of two haemocyte culture systems (in attachment and in suspension) for shrimp immunity studies. Aquaculture 366–367 17–26.
- Dang T. H. Oanh, Marielle C. W. van Hunten, Jeff A. Cowley and Peter John Walker. (2010). Pathogenicity of gill-associated virus and mourilyan virus during mixed infections of balck tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon). Journal of general virology. 92: 893-901.
- Su, J., D. T. H. Oanh, Lyons, R. E., Leeton, L., van Hulten, M. C. W., Tan, S., Song, L., Rajendran, K. V., and Peter, J. W. (2008). A key gene of RNA interference pathway in the black tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon: Identification and functional characterisation. Fish and Shelfish Immunology. 24:223-233.
- Huys G., K. Bartie, M. Cnockaert, D. T .H. Oanh, N.T.Phuong, T. Somsiri, S. Chinabut, F. Md Yussoff, M. Shariff, M. Giacomini, A. Teale, J. Swings. 2007. Biodiversity of chloramphenicol-resistant mesophilic heterotrophs from Southeast Asian aquaculture environments. Research in Microbiology. 158: 228-235.
- Bartie, K., D. T. H. Oanh, G. Huys, C. Dickson, M. Cnockaert, J. Swings, N. T. Phương and A. Teale. (2006). Application of Rep-PCR and Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis for typing chloramphenicol resistant bacterial isolates in a molecular epidermiology study of aquaculture sites in Vietnam. Journal of Biotechnology. 4 (1): 31-40 (in Vietnamese).
- Somsiri, T., D. T. H. Oanh, S. Chinabut, N.T. Phuong, M. Shariff, F. Yusoff, K. Bartie, M. Giacomini, M. Robba, S. Bertone, G. Huys and A. Teale (2006). A simple device for sampling soft pond bottom sediment. Aquaculture. 258: 650-654.
- Huys, G. , M. Cnockaert, K. Bartie, D. T. H. Oanh, N. T. Phuong, T. Somsiri, S. Chinabut, F. Yusoff, M. Shariff, M. Giacomini, S. Bertone, J. Swings and A. Teale (2005). Intra- and interlaboratory performance of antibiotic disk diffusion susceptibility testing of bacterial control strains of relevance for monitoring aquaculture environments. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms, 66: 179-204.
- Oanh, D. T. H, K. Pedersen and J. L. Larsen (2002). Identification and characterization of Vibrio bacteria isolated from fish and shell fish in Vietnam. In Diseases in Asian Aquaculture IV. C.R. Lavilla-Pitogo & E.R. Cruz-Lacierda (eds). Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society, Manila.