Laboratory Exchange Awards
Laboratory Exchange Awards of up to £10,000 are available to help IVVN members facilitate transfer of technological experience between laboratories in the Network and/or allow specialised proof-of-concept pieces of work to be conducted by IVVN members. These awards will cover travel, accommodation and laboratory consumables, and will be awarded via competitive application to the IVVN Network Management Board.
Applicants must be members of the IVVN (registration is available here), and we particularly welcome applications from members who are Early Career Researchers and/or based in low-and-middle income countries (LMICs).
1) Investigation of novel AB5 toxin from the fish pathogen Yersenia ruckeri, a potential mucosal vaccine adjuvant
Dr. Travis Beddoe (La Trobe University, Australia) and Prof Chris Secombes (University of Aberdeen, UK)
2) Genomic analysis of antigenic diversity in Brazilian Trypanosoma vivax strains
Dr. Guilherme da Costa Martins (University of Sao Paulo, Brazil) and Dr. Andrew Jackson (University of Liverpool, UK)
3) Isolation and molecular characterisation of mycobacterium strains responsible for endemic bovine tuberculosis in Medea, Algeria
Dr. Mammar Khames (University of Medea, Algeria) and Dr. Sharon Kendall (Royal Veterinary College, UK)
4) Understanding the role of humoral immunity in vaccine development for Streptococcus agalactiae infection in tilapia
Dr. Mugimba Kahoza Kizito (Makerere University, Uganda) and Prof Kim Thompson (Moredun Research Institute, UK)
5) Advancing the analysis of bovine class II MHC restricted T cell responses to vaccination
Dr. Isaac Kombe Silwamba (University of Zambia, Zambia) and Dr. Bill Golde (Moredun Research Institute, UK