Annual Conference 2020
International Veterinary Vaccinology Network Conference 2020, The Melia Hotel, Hanoi, Vietnam, 16th- 18th March 2020.
We are delighted to announce the International Veterinary Vaccinology Network Conference 2020, hosted in partnership with CIRAD and the National Institute of Veterinary Research, will be on the 16th – 18th March 2020 in The Melia Hotel, Hanoi, Vietnam.
This three-day event will build on the success of the inaugural IVVN conference in Nairobi, Kenya in March 2018 and the UK & International Veterinary Vaccinology Network Conference in London, UK in January 2019. IVVN annual conferences are an excellent opportunity for the global veterinary vaccinology community to meet, and establish novel, international collaborations that are required to develop vaccines for livestock and zoonotic diseases of importance in low-and-middle income countries (LMICs).
The IVVN Conference will consist of four species-specific themes:
- Vaccines for Poultry: co-hosted by One Health Poultry Hub and chaired by Prof. Fiona Tomley (Royal Veterinary College, UK) and Professor Hualan Chen (Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, China)
- Vaccines for Aquaculture: chaired by Prof. Sandra Adams (University of Stirling, UK) and Dr. Thao Ngo (Biotechnology Centre of Ho-chi Min City, Vietnam)
- Vaccines for Ruminants: chaired by Prof. Bryan Charleston (The Pirbright Institute, UK) and Dr. Yanmin Li (The Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, CAAS, Lanzhou, China)
- Vaccines for Swine: chaired by Dr. Simon Graham (The Pirbright Institute, UK) and Dr. Filip Claes (Emergency Center for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD), Thailand)
- Dr. Nguyen Duc Hoang (Vietnam National University, Vietnam)
- Dr. Carolina Tafalla (Animal Health Research Centre (CISA-INIA), Spain)
- Dr. Vivek Kapur (Pennsylvania State University, USA)
- Professor Wan-Zhong (Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, China)
- Professor Jacques Godfroid (University of Tromsø, Norway)
- Dr. Yu Qiu (OIE South-East Asia and China Foot-and-Mouth Disease Campaign, Thailand)
- Professor George Warimwe (KEMRI - Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Kenya)
- Dr. Kim Thompson (Moredun Research Institute, UK)
- Professor Dirk Pfeiffer (City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong)
- Dr. Nicola Stock and Jayne Quoiani (The Roslin Institute, UK)
- Dr. Chris Netherton (The Pirbright Institute, UK)
- Professor Hualan Chen (Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, China)
- Professor Brendan Wren (London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK)
- Dr. Glory Mbah (University of Buea, Cameroon)
- Dr Peera Jaru-Ampornpan (National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC), Thailand)
- Mr. Lee Yeng Sheng (MSD Animal Health, Singapore)
We look forward to welcoming you to Hanoi!