Principal Investigator researching mycobacterial diseases of UK livestock
The Moredun Group is seeking a Principal Investigator to join the Diagnostics team at the Moredun Research Institute.
You will perform novel research on Mycobacterial diseases of UK livestock, principally Johne’s disease. You will be required to develop, maintain and manage a group working on research to control this disease from a variety of approaches.
You will have:
- A PhD in Microbiology/Bacteriology
- Experience in research on Mycobacteria and a substantial record of publications in this area
- Experience of writing and securing substantial external funding
- Project management skills
- Experience in managing and mentoring of both staff and students.
- A willingness to hold Personal and Project Home Office Licences.
For more information, a full job description and an application form, please visit the original job listing on the Moredun Research Institute's website.